A day in the life. In my line of work I deal with a lot of little pieces. Today I sorted hundreds of broken butterfly wings from specimens that didn’t make it into one of my framed butterfly displays. When I obtain dried specimens only about 75% of them are worthy of being framed, the other 25% are put in a storage container to be sorted at a later time. Once they are sorted, they may take on a new life in my real butterfly wing jewelry or are stored in glassine envelopes by species for some future project. Right now, I have over 300 different species of butterfly wings in my library. That sounds like a lot but with over 25,000 known species it makes you appreciate the incredible diversity of life.
Inside the B.U.G. Art Studio Real Butterfly Wing Jewelry real butterfly wings work life