The Cruiser butterfly, Vindula arsinoe, is one of the most familiar species in the Oriental region. This specimen had half of its scales removed to reveal the wing venation below. This process is used by entomologists to help identify species.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• Acid & lignin-free conservation mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.