The name “morpho” is thought to originate from the fact that these butterflies appear to change shape as they’re flying. The blue color is not a pigment but an iridescence. This group of butterflies have long been a source of fascination to humans with native populations of the Amazon associating this butterfly with a long list of superstitious beliefs, and considered both wish granters or evil spirits.
Learn more about Blue Morpho Natural History and view all our Blue Morpho products we make here in California.
What sets our frames apart:
• Ultra protective UV blocking glass that blocks 99% of harmful UV rays.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hard enamel paint and a hanger.
• Antique-style museum label that includes a natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box & care instructions.
• Handcrafted in Sonoma County California USA by the artist.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.