The name “morpho” is thought to originate from the fact that these butterflies appear to change shape as they’re flying. The blue color is not a pigment but an iridescence. This group of butterflies have long been a source of fascination to humans with native populations of the Amazon associating this butterfly with a long list of superstitious beliefs, and considered both wish granters or evil spirits.
What sets our frames apart:
• Ultra protective UV blocking glass that blocks 99% of harmful UV rays.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hard enamel paint and a hanger.
• Antique-style museum label that includes a natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box & care instructions.
• Handcrafted in Sonoma County California USA by the artist.
FREE SHIPPING (except for international jewelry shipments)
– Jewelry ships for $15 to most countries from US.
– Sorry, our insect displays cannot be shipped across borders.
SHIPPING TIME: – Most orders ship next business day, but a few can take up to 4 days to ship.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship and provide tracking number.
RETURNS: – If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
– In rare case where item arrives damaged, please contact me.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.