The name “morpho” is thought to originate from the fact that these butterflies appear to change shape as they’re flying. The blue color is not a pigment but an iridescence. This group of butterflies have long been a source of fascination to humans with native populations of the Amazon associating this butterfly with a long list of superstitious beliefs, and considered both wish granters or evil spirits.
What sets our frames apart:
• Ultra protective UV blocking glass that blocks 99% of harmful UV rays.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hard enamel paint and a hanger.
• Antique-style museum label that includes a natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box & care instructions.
• Handcrafted in Sonoma County California USA by the artist.