The Blue Mountain Swallowtail (Papilio ulysses), also known as the Ulysses Butterfly, is one of the largest and most vivid Asian swallowtails. Also native to a portion of northeastern Australia, this exquisite species is used as an emblem for Australian tourism. The study of this vibrant butterfly allowed Victorian naturalist Alfred Wallace to develop his own theory of evolution, which competed with Charles Darwin’s more famous theory. View all our framed swallowtails. Also available as a sterling silver reversible necklace or single pendant.
Framed BLUE MOUNTAIN SWALLOWTAIL Details:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.
• Acid & lignin-free mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on the back on antique style museum label.
• Gift box wrapped in tissue paper.
• Handmade in Sonoma County California
Papilio ulysses for sale
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.