Made famous by the movie “
Silence of the Lambs”, this framed death head moth is recognizable by the skull-shaped marking on its thorax. These species have also been observed raiding beehives of different species of honey bee for honey. Learn more about the natural history of the Death Head Moth in our blog. This species is: Acherontia atropos
Framed DEATH HEAD MOTH details:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass and acid & lignin free mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Antique style museum label with natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box
• Handmade in Sonoma County California
Learn about our
ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS
– Insect Displays cannot be shipped abroad (or to Canada).
– Jewelry ships for $13 to any country outside of USA.
SHIPPING TIME:– Most orders ship next business day, but some orders can take up to 4 days to fill.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship.
RETURNS:– If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 7 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.