The Empress Cicada (
Megapomponia imperatoria) is the largest species of cicada in the world and has a wingspan of 7-8 inches. Explore all of our framed cicada displays and learn more about cicada natural history.
Framed EMPRESS CICADA details:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass and acid & lignin free mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Antique style museum label with natural history story about the specimen.
• Handmade in Sonoma County California
Learn about our
ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS
– Insect Displays cannot be shipped abroad (or to Canada).
– Jewelry ships for $13 to any country outside of USA.
SHIPPING TIME:– Most orders ship next business day, but some orders can take up to 4 days to fill.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship.
RETURNS:– If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 7 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.