This species is the only member of the butterfly genus Agatasa found in India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, West Malaysia, Sumatra, Borneo and the Philippines. This butterflies habitat is open forests and likes to feed on carrion, dung or rotten fruit. The famous naturalist Alfred Russell Wallace wrote about this butterfly in his book The Malay Archipelago in mid 1800’s.
Framed Glorious Begum Details:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass and acid & lignin free mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Antique style museum label with natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box
• Handmade in Sonoma County California
FREE SHIPPING (except for international jewelry shipments)
– Jewelry ships for $15 to most countries from US.
– Sorry, our insect displays cannot be shipped across borders.
SHIPPING TIME: – Most orders ship next business day, but a few can take up to 4 days to ship.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship and provide tracking number.
RETURNS: – If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
– In rare case where item arrives damaged, please contact me.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.