The framed Alcides moth is a poisonous day flying moth from Indonesia. The larva feeds on the leaves of a vine in the Omphalea species, which are poisonous and this poison is transferred to the adult moth. We also sell this moth species mounted displaying the underside.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• Acid & lignin-free conservation mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.