The Olivewing butterfly (species: Nessaea hewitsoni) is an interesting species because it is one of the only animals in the world known to be able to develop blue pigment, which is called pterobilin. (available here viewing the topside). This specimen is displayed displaying the underside which is a stunning green color.
FRAMED OLIVEWING BUTTERFLY INCLUDES:
• Ultra protective UV blocking glass that blocks 99% of harmful UV rays.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hard enamel paint and a hanger.
• Antique-style museum label that includes a natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box & care instructions.
• Handcrafted in Sonoma County California USA by the artist.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.