Owl butterfly framed on a black background. This species provides one of the best examples of mimicry in the butterfly world and is a member of the butterfly genus Caligo, which is Latin for fog, mist, or darkness. The common name is derived from the presence of large ‘false eyes’ on the underside used to startle would-be predators that happen upon the butterfly when it is resting during the day. Also available with white background. PLEASE NOTE: this frame is bigger than most of my other frames (it is 9×9)
Framed OWL BUTTERFLY Black Background Details:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass and acid & lignin free mounting papers.
• Wood gallery quality shadowbox frame with hanger
• Reproduction antique museum label with natural history information
• Gift box
• Handmade in California
FREE SHIPPING (except for international jewelry shipments)
– Jewelry ships for $15 to most countries from US.
– Sorry, our insect displays cannot be shipped across borders.
SHIPPING TIME: – Most orders ship next business day, but a few can take up to 4 days to ship.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship and provide tracking number.
RETURNS: – If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
– In rare case where item arrives damaged, please contact me.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.