This striking framed scarlet mormon butterfly is a member of the Swallowtail family. However, it does not have tails on its hind wings like most members of the swallowtail family. Its common name “Mormon” is believed to have come from the unproven fact that males spend time with multiple females.
This butterfly specimen is mounted displaying the bright red underside (ventral side). Our collection also contains the black and white dorsal side and a framed display featuring the front and back.
What sets our frames from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• Acid & lignin-free conservation mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass which does not protect the vivid colors and details from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
FREE SHIPPING (except for international jewelry shipments)
– Jewelry ships for $15 to most countries from US.
– Sorry, our insect displays cannot be shipped across borders.
SHIPPING TIME: – Most orders ship next business day, but a few can take up to 4 days to ship.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship and provide tracking number.
RETURNS: – If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
– In rare case where item arrives damaged, please contact me.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.