Known as the most iridescent butterfly in the world, the Pearl Morpho butterfly (species: Morpho sulkowski) is often seen flying along rivers, where its shimmering blue wings blend in with the river water, providing camouflage. This morpho butterfly is endemic to the Andean cloud forests and can fly up to 10.000 feet. This is one of over 30 known species of Morpho Butterflies and 100 subspecies.
View our other species of Framed Blue Morpho Butterflies.
Learn more about Blue Morpho Natural History in our blog.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• Acid & lignin-free conservation mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.