This framed Rosy Maple Moth is a delicate eastern North American night creature attracted to maple trees of temperate forests. This species is the smallest of the silk moths and has wooly body that is pink and yellow, which varies from cream or white to bright pink or yellow. This aposematic or bright coloration may attract collectors but it warns predators that it may be a poisonous meal.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• All archival grade materials.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger.
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.