This framed black butterfly is called a Scarlet Mormon Butterfly and has a striking underside that warns predators of its poisonous nature. Although in the swallowtail family, it does not have hind wing tips characteristic of most species in this butterfly group.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• All archival-grade materials.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger.
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.