The Hamadryas laodamia butterfly gets its name from the white dots on a dark background that look like a night’s sky. It is a member of the Cracker butterflies, which get their common name due to the ability of the males in this group to produce a sound similar to the crackling of bacon in a frying pan. This preserved butterfly is framed with UV blocking glass. Handmade in Sonoma County California.
PRESERVED BUTTERFLY DETAILS:
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass and acid & lignin free mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Antique style museum label with natural history story about the specimen.
• Gift box
• Handmade in Sonoma County California
FREE SHIPPING (except for international jewelry shipments)
– Jewelry ships for $15 to most countries from US.
– Sorry, our insect displays cannot be shipped across borders.
SHIPPING TIME: – Most orders ship next business day, but a few can take up to 4 days to ship.
– I will notify you when item(s) ship and provide tracking number.
RETURNS: – If you are not 100% satisfied with your selection, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
– Recipient is responsible for return shipping.
– In rare case where item arrives damaged, please contact me.
CARE OF INSECT DISPLAYS:
• Like all fine art, keep insect frames out of direct sunlight and areas of high humidity.
CARE AND CLEANING OF BUTTERFLY WING JEWELRY:
• Sterling silver and glass pendants, earrings, rings and cuff links can be polished with soft polishing cloth when tarnished.
• Butterfly wing jewelry is not waterproof.