The framed wood boring jewel beetle is a stunning specimen from Thailand. This species, Chrysochroa saundersi, gets its name from the fact its larva bore into wood. Professionally framed in a gallery frame with 99% UV blocking glass and natural history information on back. View our other Framed Jewel Beetles.
What sets our frames apart from the rest?
• 99% UV blocking conservation glass so colors won’t fade.*
• Acid & lignin-free conservation mounting papers.
• Gallery quality wood shadowbox frame with hanger
• Natural history information on antique-style museum label.
• Gift box & tissue paper.
• Hand-assembled in our Sonoma County California BUG studio.
* Highest-rated real framed insect displays in the world.
* Most competitors frame their insect displays with just basic picture frame glass that does not protect the vivid colors from UV rays. We use 99% UV blocking TRU VUE conservation glass, the same used in fine museums around the world.
Learn about our ethically sourced specimens.
Looking for insect decor inspiration? Check out our Customer Photos.